Counting My Blessings

This morning waking up knowing the bad storms missed us has filled me with a sense of deep thankfulness. Seeing that in many of the areas around us had high winds and hail that did damage, we had maybe two claps of thunder, some driving wind and rain, but felt snug as a bug in our home. The storm was over in a matter of a few minutes. Harry only looked up once from his nap on the living room floor when thunder rumbled. We were under the shelter of His wings last night and felt safe in His care. I don't always know what God wants from me, the tiny details, but I do always feel His love and care for me, even when things seem dark and uncertain.
I feel blessed today with good health.
much love.
beautiful children, inside and out.
grandchildren to love.
land to roam.
a garden that gives so much good to us.
a husband that is kind, compassionate, my best friend, and so consistent and even tempered and a father that sets a wonderful example for his children.
I feel blessed to feel content.
for having hope and faith.
for good friends
for my sewing machine, its such a treat to sew with.
for the sun shine and the rain.
for music that gives peace.
for Harry, he is such a good dog.
for my clothes line, my spinning wheel, the kerosene lamps, pieces from the past that sooth me when life seems too busy.
for things like homemade soap and warm bread fresh from the oven.
for medical science that has saved the lives of loved ones.
for simplicity of life
for sharing so many goals with my husband.
for rainbows
for beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
for good books
and for the life that I have.

Roses from our garden last year

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
that is a wonderful post of gratitude, Patty.
Sunny said…
So glad you guys are OK, and I love those pink flowers.

Popular Posts