Another Morning, and more blessings




I awoke to the songs of a mockingbird right outside my bedroom window. There cannot be a more beautiful "alarm" to wake a person. Outside it was not yet light, but not dark either, just that moment of in-between. The air is heavy with moisture. Its a gray sort of morning, no sunshine, but I like this kind of morning. My windows are all open and the bird songs fill the house with the glory of springtime.
For over an hour, I just sat in the goat pasture and watched the kids play. Licorice demanded to be petted by gentle putting her hoof on my leg every time I was not paying her attention. She seems "needy" this morning. We all have days like that so maybe its the same in the animal world.
I had more chores to do, chickens to be fed and watered, eggs to be gathered and peonies to plant. Life is good.

Comments

The next time I want to get away.....I'm coming to your house. Okay? ;)

I would love to just sit and watch the goats play. Unfortunately, I woke up to snow so finding a farm to trespass on so I can sit and watch the animals is out of the question. Brrr!! :) I know I should be grateful for the moisture, but at this point in the season I am just begging for Spring. Your photographs bring me hope of warmer weather. Now blow some of that warmth up here to Utah please!! :)
lisa winter said…
i love these pictures, your goats are adorable.

Popular Posts