Spring work







Last night I fell into bed bone weary. I know remember why it is we have winter, to rest up for spring ! Getting the garden ready, pruning all the fruit trees and berry bushes, preparing for new farm babies, and on and on. I am so thankful this new goat baby slept all night last night. She was sure hungry at 6:30 this morning though. Last night was the first time I had to really milk Licorice and she is proving to be a heavy milker. Makes me think of the verse in Proverbs 27 that I love so well. 27 You will have plenty of goats' milk to feed you and your family and to nourish your servant girls. We feel blessed.
Its 80 degrees F today, warm and perfect for planting, which I will be doing in a little bit. And then going down the garden rows with the high wheel cultivator. Also there are lots of iris to plant as I thinned some of my flower beds this past weekend.
I so want to just sit down and rest a bit, but work calls me. I spent part of the morning doing my food shopping and of course made a little trip to Goodwill, where I found an Heirloom dress for Mei-Ling that is gorgeous. Pink batiste, tiny pin tucks, lace and ribbon, beautiful slip included, all hand made for $3.
My dinning room table is covered with sewing projects that have been neglected while we plant. Maybe tomorrow....but I have said that more than once in the past few days. There is laundry to be washed and hung out, and dishes to be washed.
Time for another bottle feeding and then back to work.
Psalm 104
13 He waters the mountains from his upper chambers;
the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work.
14 He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate—
bringing forth food from the earth:
15 wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine,
and bread that sustains his heart.

plum tree blossoms
apricot bud
flowering quince
Harry trying to avoid sun bathing
Little miss no name in her play pen, full tummy, all content

Comments

Lisa said…
In the photo, the new kid's coat looks like velvet, such a rich black. I bet she's soft as velvet too. So sweet! Enjoyed the photos of Elizabeth too, what a darling girl :)

Popular Posts