Every single night before I go to sleep and every morning before I hop out of bed, the same prayer in on my lips.  Of course I pray for my family etc but I pray each and every day that I become a better person, more loving, say kinder words, that I don't lie, even if its a "little white lie".   I pray that I be more patient with those that are unkind to me, or if I experience someone being impatient in a line or on the road.   I pray that I have more understanding and compassion than an attitude of judgment.    I pray that I cut people some slack if they are negative and complaining all the time.  I pray that I see that so much of what is wrong in the world right now is motivated by fear and for me to remember, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear. . ."
I am work in progress, and at times, well actually all the time, the progress is pathetically slow.  But, I am aware of both my progress and my shortcomings.  I pray daily for strength to rise above where I was yesterday.  
Life on this earth is too short to be worried about getting to the store two minutes faster by being impatient at the red light, or waiting for the elderly lady in front of you at the checkout, writing a check, with a turtles pace.  Life is precious and beautiful, even amid the chaos. 
The words and deeds that come from us should be gifts to those around us.  I want to be like that at all times.  To smile at the inconveniences in life and live my life without fear motivating me.  This country right now, is riddled with fear and insecurities.   I choose to believe that God is in control, and yes, I do admit that I wish He would maybe interfere a bit more in regard to the injustices but the bottom line is I am weary of trying to keep abreast of all that is going on.  I think many of us are weary of so much strife and unrest amide bold unethical behaviors.    So, for me, I just want to work on being kinder, more compassionate, more patient, move loving, more often putting myself in the other persons shoes and seeing that I have no room to judge anyone.  It never was my job anyway.
Find peace.  Life is good.

Comments

Cathi in Texas said…
I miss your regular posting.
Anonymous said…
About injustice, I once heard a pastor tell us that we dont live by justice in this world, we live by Gods mercy and grace only. If we want justice we would all go to hell and He would not have sent Jesus at all !! I learned to not be so judgmental after that.

Popular Posts