Much To Catch Up....





In mid January, we saw the passing of my father and after nearly two years of caring for him, it was so hard to see him leave us, but at the same time, his health was growing much worse and he was not able to do all the things he loved so much.  He was 96, sharp as a tack and so independent for all but his last two years.    
The weeks have passed by quickly since his passing and each day filled with much to do.  I always thought that once you retired, the days would go by slowly, perhaps even drag by, but that is just not so for us.  We need more hours in our day ! 
The children and grandchildren are doing well, our sweet Mei-Ling has been in the hospital recently but now is doing well again.  
Its gardening time for us and hours each day is spent, weeding and feeding.   I like those early morning hours outside, its so peaceful and truly a spiritual time.   I pray a lot with a hoe in my hands, getting rid of the weeds in the garden and in my heart.   Life is good and I am thankful for all the many blessings I have and for sticking to our commitment of living a simple life.

Comments

Suze said…
:::I always thought that once you retired, the days would go by slowly, perhaps even drag by:::
yup...thought that too, but I think it is kinda like a roll of TP - the closer to the end you get, the faster it rolls....
minervabird said…
I'm sorry to hear about your father. My sympathies. I found your blog after googling about the simple life and have enjoyed reading it for a number of years. All the best, Anna Marie
minervabird said…
I am sorry to hear about your father, but glad to hear you are enjoying gardening. I googled the simple life and found your blog this way, and I 've enjoyed it for many years. All the best, Anna Marie

Popular Posts