Where Have I Been ?




 This has been a crazy Spring in Texas.  As of yesterday afternoon we have had close to 50 tornadoes, rain about 22 of the 27 days of May and so far, we have made three trips to the tornado shelter.  One of the worst springs I can remember.  Our land is a giant mud puddle, the garden is a mess and the poor chicken house will take a month to dry out.   
But, aside from the weather, its been a great month.  My girls and I along with Melissa's husband and baby, went to see my very healthy, very active 93 year old dad and my sister and her husband in Florida.  We just went for a long weekend but we had a great time.  Got to enjoy some sunshine, the beach and go to the pool a couple times and watch Axel swim like a little fish.  
Before leaving for Florida I had seen a really nice piece of accent furniture on Crown French Furniture's web page.   and decided it would be perfect for my bathroom.  Kept the image in my mind and decided to be on the lookout for a piece of second hand furniture that I could paint that way, since Crown French Furniture is kinda far from us, "across the pond" as they say.   After my little Florida trip I walked into Goodwill and found the perfect piece to paint.  $25 was a good price in my eyes.  Two cans of spray paint and I was done.   On the way home from Goodwill we drove past a second hand children's furniture store and in true Hyacinth Bucket fashion, I told Emery to stop and turn around.   The very chair I have been wanting from Restoration Hardware was being displayed.  The chair has not been used for anything other than display in a nursery.  The chair sells new for over $700 and I found it for $40 !  Its perfect for the dressing area of my bathroom, its small but not too small for an adult to sit in.  I felt like I had hit a gold mine that day.   The Law of Attraction works.  How, I do not fully understand.   
Everyone is doing well in the family.  Mei-Ling is on a brand new drug for her ammonia problem and its working perfectly.   Life is good.


Comments

Always Learning said…
My daughter and husband live in Houston and wow, what a spring! Happy to hear all is well with your wonderful family.
sheila said…
It's so good to hear from you, Patty. Glad to hear about your trip, and so happy for you concerning your dad's great health. It means so much. Also for Mei-Ling that she is doing well now. Stay safe in your iffy weather.

Sheila
Good to hear from you!!!! Lookin' beautiful and "all is well!"

Hugs,
Kelley~

Popular Posts