Time Flies




Earlier this week, I was going through a pile of papers that had somehow found its way into a box in the closet. In this box was a folder with paper dolls from my childhood and a stack of old newspaper clippings from the 1990's.   Of course, as often happens with cleaning out junk drawers and storage boxes, I sat there on the floor, reading each article, and fingering through the well loved paper dolls.  I felt good seeing the articles about my girls and their business enterprises and seeing how busy they were as youngsters, but at the same time, there was a tinge of something akin to sadness at how fast time has flown by.  It wasn't quite sadness that I felt, but more like a longing for just a bit more of those days when the children were all home.  It seems it went by so fast.  Of course, I delight in life as it is now, so much love in my life, so much joy in each day.  I love watching my children's lives unfold and watching them as parents do the very same things we did for them.   And oh lets not forget to mention the pure and amazing joy of grandchildren !  But still, it seems time is flying by.  In just a few short weeks, Melissa and James will become parents, and I will get to hold in my arms, grand-blessing #5 for us.   I have been busy making this wee one all sorts of things, blankets, diapers, booties, and even his outfit to come home from the hospital, as I have done for Melanie's babies and for my own girls.   Each one safely stored in the cedar chest just in case another generation should want to use them.    Life is good, it is full of cherished moments, of memories and of moments yet to come.   As fast as time does fly by, it also brings us, each and every day, that chance to capture more love, more joy and more happiness.  We just have to remember to embrace the beauty and let it far outshine any of the difficult moments that do come along.    

Comments

Popular Posts