It's been a very long week




This week has been one of the longest weeks.   Emery is making a good recovery but still is weaker than he would like to be.   The cultures were all negative, so no listeria issues, which is a blessing.  It must have been a very bad virus.   Last night, late, we made another trip to the Emergency Room, he developed a nasty rash all over his back, no doubt from one of the antibiotics.   The Doctor decided it was not anything life threatening so we were on our way in a couple of hours.  How thankful we have been for all your prayers and well wishes.  Each and every day we have felt His loving hands around us, holding us up.  
Emery is at work today, me by his side, helping where I can and keeping him from doing too much.  How blessed we feel that Emery has such a wonderful job working for fine Christian people that make no demands on him.  
The sky today is full of dark clouds, promise of rain !  We so desperately need rain, a nice long rain that will gladden and refresh this parched land.   Just this week, a friend of ours had to sell their steers, no grass and hay is difficult to find and when you do find it, its mighty expensive.
I walked around the lot at work today, refreshed by the clean fresh air.  Listening to the kill deer as they ran around the lot.  They reminded me of folks running to and fro in the big cities, chasing  who knows what.  High above me, 5 big black vultures soared in the clouds, looking for something to eat I suspect, drifting on the thermals.  Flight is beautiful to watch.   Flowers poking out of the caliche, curled a bit by time and perhaps from their environment.   Pampas grass blowing in the breeze, appearing to be natures feather duster.   The color of the blooms reminding me a bit of my oldest daughters blond baby hair.  Good memories, soft downy hair kissed while I rocked her.  Sweet baby breath, snow white diapers stacked high.  Tiny hands that would grasp my finger tight.   Soft baby blankets, the smell of baby lotion.   How blessed to have experienced these wonders more than once.   Its been a very long week but so much love surrounds me and fills me that its all good.

Comments

Debby Riddle said…
line dried snow white cloth diapers....rocking babies with blonde down,a sweet memory indeed,one I can relate to as well.

Popular Posts