Its another Raw day !

Still loosing about a pound a day and feeling better all the time. I am a believer for sure now in this way of eating, but I will still treat myself to one cooked food a week and if we want to go out to eat once in a while I will go, just choosing a vegan restaurant where my choices in food can be healthy at least. We are so blessed to have Spiral Diner near us, which has been my favorite restaurant for several years now.
For breakfast this morning, I shredded two organic gala apples, added raisins, some cinnamon, d few pecan pieces and a touch of agave nectar. Its wonderful !
For a snack this week end, I dried some smaller size bananas, they were on sale for 99 cents for a big bag, they were what the store considered over ripe, but to me they were just right for what I wanted them for. I often try to hit the market very early on Friday morning to get these bags of bananas so I can freeze them to use in smoothies or for dehydrating. We like to dry them whole, they get the texture of licorice which makes it seem like candy !
For lunch today, a BLT, only the "bacon" is dehydrated eggplant that has been marinated first.
So good. One need never be hungry eating raw foods that's for certain.
Another wonderful day !
Check out the many raw recipes at Gone Raw

Comments

Val said…
I am very intrigued by this. I have heard many say that you feel so much better eating this way. What about drinks...just water or what?
Patty said…
Hi Val,
I get to drink lots of fruit drinks, fresh squeezed orange juice, coconut limeade, smoothies and I occasionally break down and have some herbal teas. Actually you can drink just about any juice you want as long as its made with just raw ingredients. We have had our champion juicer for nearly 30 years, using it often
healinggreen said…
ooooh how interesting! I haven't checked in in awhile, and I am delighted to find these new posts of yours. You are always up to somthing great :) I have looked at the raw food diet, I have a couple books on it -- the best chocolate torte I ever had was raw... I'm not ready to jump all the way in though. Good for you!

Popular Posts