Sprouting Wings !




Sprouts are a really good way to get some added nutrition, especially on a raw diet. Last week in the health food store I meandered down the isle that contained all the beans and seeds for sprouting and also noted that for $15.99 you could get a half gallon size mason jar with a plastic screen sort of top. Well, I am frugal at times and at home I had at least a half dozen mason jars that size but no fancy plastic screen lids, but I did however just purchase a bag of key limes, the bag was a fine plastic mesh, green too, just like the color of the sprouting lid. I figured that I could cut that bag into the right size squares to fit right under the mason jar rings. I did double the mesh, since I was sprouting some very tiny seeds. Has worked perfectly !
The little beans and seeds have done just what they were supposed to do, sprout tiny wings, which means I get to enjoy them on a sandwich today.

Comments

Delisa said…
That was very interesting! Looks like a fun little project. I would like to try that someday myself. Delisa :)
Thank you very much for posting this information! Nancy
Patty, One more question! What kind of sprouts was that at the salad bars I use to getin the restaurant. I loved those. Nancy
Cherie said…
What a great idea! I've seen those jars and, as I'm a frugal person as well, have always passed them up. Your post showed me that I already have all the ingredients necessary to make my own sprouting jar.

Popular Posts