Time To Plant




This weekend, Emery tilled the small garden, and a few rows in the older bigger garden that we hope to fill with raised beds through time. The rich brown soil smelled good to me as I sat there watching Emery work. The cat, "Mittens" thought the freshly turned soil was the best place to take her afternoon nap. The warm sun felt good. I love this time of year, digging into the soil, planting, planning and hoping for a good harvest this fall. The raised bed is working out so well, tiny green bits poking out from the soil, seeds planted and now growing. The plants we put in are strong and growing well, including the one plum tomato we put in. Not a weed in sight !
While we were out there working, I picked lots of fuzzy mullein leaves to dry, using them for coughs and congestion when needed. We pruned the apricot trees until the sky darkened with the approaching evening. A good day
While we were outside working, the Sandhill Cranes made their way north, I heard them high above us before I saw them. A good sign that winter is coming to an end. I feel blessed, I saw them heading south in the fall and yesterday saw them making the trip back north. Life is good, and God is ever so merciful to give us beauty to behold.

Comments

Julie D said…
I started following your blog recently, and I just want to tell you how much I look forward to your posts! Your photos and writing are so beautiful, and I always have a great sense of calm and well-being after I've finished reading them. Thank you!!!

Popular Posts