Another Raw Day

This raw diet is about the best thing I have ever done nutritionally in my entire life.
The weight loss has been phenomenal, but the health rewards have been even greater.
To date, I have been loosing about 5 lbs a week. Never hungry feeling, still no cravings for sweets. I even went to the food store hungry, passed the candy and donuts without even giving them a second look. Headed happily to the bananas instead.
There has been a surprising benefit to this way of eating....almost no trash to take out this week. Emery remarked how we had only a little bit of trash in the bottom of the trash can for the whole week, however, we have taken a lot out to the compost pile. Lost of fruit and veggie peels ! It turns out that this way of eating goes well with our commitment to be "green".
Today for lunch I had fake bacon made with eggplant that had been marinated then dehydrated. Its great and a perfect addition to a sandwich with lettuce for the "bread".
Still having more and more energy daily and feeling healthier, even though I always thought I was feeling great before going raw.
There are lots of recipes on line for eating a raw and living diet so no one need ever be bored with the food choices.

Comments

....wow....that's impressive...i tried vegan the first of Feb. and only lasted 3 days...

:-{

nice going...
Anonymous said…
I would have to look more into this diet Patty. Congratulations on your weight loss and also how filled with energy you are...

M.
Lisa said…
I am reading a raw book by Carol Alt. Even as a supermodel, she lost several pounds and felt tons better once she switched to raw food. We've done some raw but need to get serious about it. I have several books and recipes, just need to do it. The health benefits are tremendous especially for folks fighting cancer. So glad it's working well for you and Emery! Lisa in NM

Popular Posts