Long day

It has been a very long day...Melanie is home after having an IV and having her high blood sugars dealt with and taking with her a prescription for Tamiflu. She is feeling miserable. The Doctor wants to see her the minute her symptoms get worse or if they get better and then come back. The baby's heartbeat was perfect and he was very active, moving all around the whole time they had the monitors on.
Mei-Ling sat in her pram the whole time we were at the hospital, several hours actually and played with her books and with the toddler programs I have on my iPhone for her. She never once fussed or complained. Praise God for a good baby that behaves well ! She was quite content for over an hour learning the Thai alphabet.

I feel so blessed to know that so many of you are praying for Melanie and Mei-Ling, who seems to be doing fine. She was running around the house playing when we got home and cheerful as ever.
We so often have times in our lives when things seem difficult or maybe a better way to put it, is to say, "not easy" but these are the very times in which we often grow the most and gain strength we need to have.
I am so thankful that my own health has been restored so I can help my family in their time of need. Life is good, it really is.
The day is done and I am so ready for a long nights sleep.

Comments

rosellafan said…
Patty, I am up at 3 am....hard time sleeping...and I had your girls on my mind... glad to see that they are home and I hope all will be much better soon...
they are definitely in my prayers...

Sincerely,
Paula
Dog Trot Farm said…
Patty, glad to hear you and your sweet grand daughter are doing well. Will keep Melanie in my prayer's. We do have cases of the H1N1 here in Southern Maine, however, not to the extent you are dealing with there in Texas. Blessings.
Margo in Maine said…
Hard to watch little ones when they are sick...pray healing and blessing on you and your family today...
novascotiagal said…
I'm so glad to hear that all is as well as can be expected.
Wimberly Farms said…
It is wonderful to hear Melanie is home and will continue to pray!
Kathy said…
Glad to hear everything is under control! Hope a;;of you get lots of rest and continue to improve.

Popular Posts