Doilies Doilies and More Doilies


A bit ago on one of my trips to Goodwill, there was hanger after hanger of hand crocheted doilies. Now I have to admit a weakness for crochet work, especially doilies. I have made many in my life and know the work that goes into them. The price was 25 cents for each one, so how could I pass them up ? Today I felt up to washing them and here they are hanging on the line. There was one doily that was tatted, and a baby cap and a sweet collar that I can imagine on a little dress for Mei-Ling.

Comments

Marci said…
Your doilies are beautiful. The whole list has been praying for you. Hope you kick this thing for good this time!!!

How is your Dad doing? How about Melanie?
... Paige said…
wonderful finds. I'm sure you will be better soon.

sometimes we just need to rest and live in the moment of quietness.

all my best
Think if spiders could spin colored webs. I wonder if the first crochet was done after someone noticed the intricacy of a spider's web and tried to reproduce or embelish the pattern. I like the old-fashioned ones best--ones with the ecru thread.
Sorcerer said…
wow!! our blog has got pretty pictures..

Popular Posts