Health Updates


I went down the road today to see Mei-Ling and Melanie, both have the same symptoms and they both seemed to be doing o.k. Mei was a bit grouchy, which is very unusual for her but she was still running around playing. No fever. I pray it continues this way. Our news is full of tragic stories of H1N1, so even the sniffles makes me nervous. Both Melanie and Mei-Ling are in the high risk category. Of course Melanie thinks I just worry too much and I probably do.
Keep them in your prayers please.

My dads cancer continues to respond to treatment, praise God, but his lips, mouth and throat are now all burned from the radiation. They gave him two days off of radiation this week because his throat was so sore. He is a trooper and doing so well. He is so appreciative of all the cards and well wishes so many of you have sent him.

And for me, I am actually feeling pretty good. Symptoms of the infection are gone, but I am still on antibiotics for several more days and they have their own nasty side effects. The trip to the Emergency room paid off health wise as it seems they knew just what I needed. Of course the visit cost us $941.74 and probably another $150 for the Doctors charges. No wonder so many in this country are begging for a health care program that gives everyone coverage. That was a lot of money for a visit that wasn't much more than an hour with the only test being a urine test and a urine culture. I had a shot, a couple pills, and 5 minutes of Doctor time. Nurse took my vitals once. I am grateful for the care, and grateful they found what would take care of the problem, but there are so many people through no fault of their own, have no money for such care and no insurance.

Comments

Popular Posts