clothesline sails

just the simple pleasures of clothes blowng on the line

Comments

Oh, I miss our old clothes line! I grew up in the hills of KY. We didn't even have running water (except by what was ciphered through the hose from the rain barrel up on the hill). Not a lot of money but always plenty of food (we grew just about everything we ate) and fellowship with family. Simple, peace, steadiness, hard work, long, hot summer days, beautiful routine. These are words that describe my life in the country. I'm in the city now, with a 3 x 5 garden in the back yard. Trying and praying to find my way back to what I long for.

I found your site looking for a special K loaf recipe and was truly blessed in the process!

God continue to bless your life!
kansasgirl said…
I came across your ramblings yesterday and thought it was so soothing. I was born in NE Kansas where my parents farmed. They moved us to town when we were young. I told them that I hadn't quite forgiven them for that. I now am in Florida for the past 34 years. I am outside a fair amount tending to whatever I can get growing. The nematodes and bugs are hard to control. I love the flowers, plants and just about everything.
Thank you for your ramblings. It is nice to read other peoples' love of the land and simple things. One can find "like" souls just about everywhere.
Blessings to you and your family.

Popular Posts