Just need to paint


The porches are done....Joel finished them today by putting on the skirting and the fascia board. Now, begins the job of painting the porches. How lovely they both look and how much we have enjoyed them already. It was so nice having a fine Christian man do the work for us. All our additions have been built by members of the Mennonite church we used to attend. And as I write Emery is getting an estimate for the costs of enlarging our bedroom, a job we have wanted to do for several years. Taking the wall down between the computer room and our bedroom and turning it into one large room and having a closet put in. We are moving closer to the place of having our house the way we envisioned it way back when we purchased it nearly two decades ago. Paying as we go for each improvement. When we sit down in the evenings and think about how God lead us to this house and how much joy has been experienced in our little home, it warms our hearts. It is home and it has never owned us, it has been our shelter in life's storms and heartaches, and been the very place where peace, love and joy has filled every corner and it seems to expand to hold more of those wonderful feelings.
Life is good and honestly, there is no place like a loving home.

A couple photos of the south porch and a couple photos of the critters. Licorice was more than happy to "smile" for the camera

Comments

Aunt Jenny said…
Your porch turned out beautifully!! I would love to do a porch like that across the front of our house. I can just picture the rocking chairs and all.
That is the cutest goat picture. I just have always loved the personality of goats. I miss my favorite milker, Tundra, and Clara before her. I love my cow, but goats are so funny.
novascotiagal said…
The porch looks great. You will so enjoy that place - I bet it becomes a favorite "room" of the house quickly.
Godyssey said…
I felt such a wave of excitement when I saw the picture of the completed porch, you would've thought it was my own, lol!

I'm so happy that you have such lovely porches to sit out on and enjoy!
aimee said…
Your covered porch looks really good--the men did a great job! I love the color of your home too; cheerful:)
Aimee
heatherdmc said…
That porch is wonderful! I can just see you and Emery sitting out in the early mornings and early evenings!
Lisa said…
I have to say, my favorite places at Shmoopywood are the front and back porches. I wake up in the morning and head for the front porch to watch nature scurry around. I spend the evenings on the back porch (its screened) listening to them go to sleep. :)
jackie said…
Honestly Patty...Licorice cracks me up ! That goat is quite the character ! If only we could read her mind !!
Sunny said…
Porches look great!
Joanie said…
Love the new porch! What a blessing to live in a house that brings you such joy and peace.

Popular Posts