I got very excited this morning when I saw in the 10 day forecast that we may have a snow ice mix on December 7th. I absolutely love snow ! It makes everything seem so pure and it is as though a hush comes with this precipitation and the whole area is quiet. I love to see my breath come out in puffs like little clouds. I love the way the ice sparkles on the trees. Now I suspect if I had to drive in it every day maybe I would feel differently, but if I think about it, driving or shoveling never bothered me when I lived in New England. If I had my way, I would live in some area that had snow most of the year.
Even at age 51 I still find simple pleasure in falling to the ground and making a snow angel. Snow ball fights with loved ones are the best. No one is really out to do more than miss the shot most often. It always feels exciting to me when snow storms arrive. Must come from my childhood, sensing there would be no school with a blizzard, just play time. And the urgency of my mother to get in bread and milk before the storm. That was excitement.
Snow reminds me of mittens drying on the radiators. Hot chocolate warming your innards after shoveling or playing for hours in the cold. Ice skating on the pond regardless of all the bumps in the ice.
Looking out the window at the blowing snow and knowing the temps are in the single digits or below and feeling toasty warm in the house. Pulling lots of covers over yourself as you settle in for a night of sleep while the wind howls outside your window and shakes the glass.
I just plain like everything to do with snow. Hope we get some soon. Its never a blizzard here in our part of Texas, but it snows enough to make me feel like it could be.
This is our pony Tony, taken several years ago. He too loved the snow as much as I do.

Comments

Popular Posts