Fabric Finds




It seems I have caught the quilting bug. Probably from being so inspired by some wonderful quilting blogs I have come upon. For so many years I sewed every bit of clothing we wore. Dresses and undergarments for the girls, shirts and yes, broadfall pants for the boys. We also made our aprons and such. It was a never ending task to keep up with the childrens growth spurts. During those years I made a few quilts, for warmth more than for the fun of creating something of beauty.
My sweet sister gave me a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas, which was the perfect gift for me this year as it allowed me to buy FABRIC. Our Wal-Mart has great $1 a yard stuff. Better than the other local Walmarts. Ladies from all over come to our store for the good bargins. Its not unusual to see a huge line of ladies with many bolts in hand waiting to have fabric cut.
Last night my Gentle Man took me shopping. The first time I had been out in a couple weeks due to this pneumonia thing. To Wal-Mart we went, gift card in hand. What fun I had ! I found just what I was looking for. Solids for some Amish quilts. I am including a couple pictures of other $1 a yard cottons I have recently found at our Wal-mart that are prints, just so you can see what I mean about having a good selection.

Comments

Popular Posts