Cozy Flannel Quilt



When my sister was here visiting from Massachusetts, she bought me the sweetest flannel to make a quilt out of . I have had the fabric sitting in the dinning room just waiting to be sewn together. I have wanted to finish this cheater quilt before Christmas but it just wasn't getting done. Today I just decided to spend the afternoon sewing and finally got it done. Its hardly a quilt really, no piecing and no batting. I made it just the two layers of flannel, much like a giant baby receiving blanket. I outlined each block with a feather stitch on the machine using white thread which looks nice on the back side as its a deep green flannel with white snowflakes on it. The white stitching just adds something to it. Its just the weight I wanted as there are plenty of heavy afghans and quilts around this house but not a lot of lighter weight blankets.
So now when the evening chill arrives, I can cozy up with my new blanket and a cup of tea.


Weather: 59 and sun just setting
Music: Swedish Christmas music
Drinking: Cherry Tea, lightly sweetened with honey

Comments

Popular Posts