The Morning


Long before the sun was up, we were beginning our day.   As soon as there was enough light, Emery and I headed out the door for our morning walk.  We have good conversations as we walk hand in hand along the road.  Planning, laughing, enjoying each others company with that same kind of feeling we had 33 years ago.  We are blessed to be so in love. 
At home, 10 grain cereal bubbles in the pot.  Eggs on the skillet for Emery, yolks bright yellow and standing tall.  We pray together, eat and talk.  Rooster calling the day.  Windows open, gentle breeze blowing strands of my hair into my eyes.  I laugh.  Glad for the breeze that is cool.  Bread to be made, laundry to be folded.  Kisses at the door as I say good-bye to my love for the day.  Work awaits him.  I smile thinking that he only has a short distance to drive.  Less than two miles.   I like that he is never very far away.  So many blessings in our life.  So much joy.   So much contentment.    Breakfast dishes to wash.  I look out the window while I work.  Hens scratching in the dirt.  Towels dancing in the breeze, tiny sails.  Sunlight streaming in.   Life is good.  No rushing, no stress.  Planning the fall garden, hoping for rain.  Marching to my own drum beat and liking how it sounds.

Comments

Always Learning said…
What a beautiful life God has blessed you with! I love your writing...It almost makes me feel like I am there.

Popular Posts