Feeling Undefined

"When you let go of the belief that you should or need to know who you are, what happens to the confusion ? Suddenly it is gone. When you fully accept that you don't know, you actually enter into a state of peace and clarity that is closer to who you truly are than thought could have be. Defining yourself through thought is limiting yourself."

~Eckart Tolle~


Today I felt undefined, which is not a bad thing since it allows me to follow my own heart song.  I dislike labels yet often finding myself wishing to have one, at least I feel that way for a moment or two, then I decide that labels are limiting, tight fitting and as my daughter Melissa just commented on my facebook when I said I was feeling undefined.... her comment was, "you're a freebird" and I am.  Marching to my own drumbeat, my own heart song.  I am not any religion, but respect some aspect of all. I love freedom to think and feel in the moment.  Often I have quoted a line from the movie, Under The Tuscan Sun that sums up exactly how I live my life.  Federico Fellini said, "You have to live spherically--in many directions. To accept yourself for what you are without inhibitions, to be open.

Put yourself into life and never lose your openness, your childish enthusiasm throughout the journey that is life, and things will come your way."
I am not a this or a that.  I have no church membership or political party affiliation.  I do not dress one way or another.    I am unfolding, learning and undefined, just the way I like it.

Comments

Popular Posts