Monday Morning Ramble


As the darkness faded and the first light of morning began peeking over the tree tops, Emery was out doing tree trimming and I was busy at the stove making breakfast.  Buckwheat pancakes cooking on the cast iron griddle.  Maple syrup warming on the stove.  There is an easiness about this morning routine of work and the start of a new day.   Pale blue and orange come through the kitchen window, light of day growing.  The natural pine wall by the window taking on the colors in a most delightful way.  I keep thinking I should hang some curtains in the window, but I don't, I love the way the day shines in or even the way gray rain clouds give the room another feel, a making soup day sort of feeling.   I have never liked to have the windows covered.  I like sunshine too much and wish to invite it into the house, into every corner it can reach.   At night, we close the blinds, but during the day, I want to see outdoors, see the trees, the birds and who walks by, giving them a wave as they pass.   There is nothing in our house we need to hide from the world.   This morning after dished were done, floors washed, I sat a bit to do some knitting on the Lovely Tasha Shawl.   Its easy work, just knit, increasing each row.  While knitting, I was thinking about how God seems to be working on me right now.  My thoughts seem to be replaced with His words, His thoughts for me.  A gentle sort of nudging me back a few steps, back to another place in time when I felt more connected to Him, more grounded.  I turned on the television for a minute to see what was on and it all seemed so pointless, so full of drama, even health shows.  Confusion as to what is right and what is wrong.  I turned it off in less then 5 minutes.  My little corner of the world was far more peaceful and full of serenity to let such conversations steal that from me.
At times I have felt that the "plain" world I left was so uniformed, so ignorant of what was happening in the world.  So very unsophisticated.   At times that left me wanting to be more "with it" more in tune to what was happening outside my door, but today and lately actually, I long for that innocence, that place in my life where the things of the world matter very little to me.   Spending time in growth, in becoming more of what I sincerely want to be.  Full of the love of God, so much so that it shines forth from me, without a word being spoken.   That is my goal.  To be full of love, compassion and kindness.  Not letting anything distract me from that goal and the journey to get there.   Single minded in a good way.   A work underway.

Comments

Rose said…
Sounds like the weather is getting alittle more comfortable for you since the rain came. Your much loved snow will be upon you soon, its very autuminal here, lighting a small fire in the stove in the evenings. x
Another day that I feel the very same Patty...the place that our souls are attending at this time are very much alike. It is only the Lord in this and I am finding that old prayers prayed are now finding newness and answers. ((Hugs))

Popular Posts