My New Toy "Fitbit"

My cousin told me about this new wireless personal trainer she got and how much she was enjoying it so I jumped right on the band wagon and got one too.  I am in love with this little gadget.  It tracks your steps, it will even monitor your sleep to see how well you actually are sleeping.  You log into your fitbit account on line and it will add your activities to your personal page and keep track of them.  You just need to be within 15 feet of the little dock that is hooked to the computer for it to be read.   It also has a display on the little gadget so you can check your steps, miles etc.  On line you can record the food you eat and it will tell you the calories, fat content, sodium, carbs etc.   You can keep track of your weight too.  If you are diabetic, there is a place to write down your blood glucose levels.  I can keep track of my heart rate, blood pressure and measurements on the site too.  The little monitor does not monitor those aspects of your health, but its nice to be able to log everything in on one site.    I am loving this thing.  Keeps me mindful of how much I sit too.  The little monitor thing clips onto your clothes, I hook it to my bra so no one even sees it.  Its tiny as you can see in the photo.   I found myself walking a circle around the kitchen table a few times yesterday and today at the store, I decided to walk the perimeter before I actually shopped for what I needed.  Exercising just became more fun !
FitBit is going to change the way I live my life.

Comments

I looked on their site and didn't see the one you have pictured :( All I saw was a bulky clip~ too thick for me to sleep with. Where did you get yours?
Patty said…
it just looks bigger on their web page. I just took a picture showing how small it is. I think if you click the "features" link on their page, it shows how small it is compared to a quarter.
Cherie said…
I've been using Fitbit for about a year now and love how it monitors my activity yet is so small it's not noticeable. The gym I belong to sells the Bodybugg and it's huge and twice the cost.
Dawn said…
What a neat little gizmo.

I've been walking every day (yes in this wretched heat). It's not too bad. I take 2 water bottles and an umbrella for shade and try to get in an hour each day.

Hubby and I have started back to the gym. We can't go every day but we try to get there whenever there is a free spot in his schedule. It feels good. I've lost 2.8 lbs. already.
QuiltingFitzy said…
I always have questions, lol!!!

So, the Fitbit will keep track of things while I'm away from the computer and record them when I'm back home? Even if I'm not maintaining a Wifi connection?

If this is the case, I'm getting one right away!!!

I've been logging food on paper, and it's such a pain, and I suspect I need to monitor my bp, etc.

Thank yoU!

Popular Posts