Light

We are as humans, fueled by energy.  Every cell in our body works by way of energy.  Energy is light.  You can change energy but you cannot destroy it and you cannot make it.  I have always seen energy as the ultimate gift from God, I personally believe He breathed energy into Adam at creation.  If ever you have asked a person who has lost lots of weigh, how they feel now, they so often tell you they feel so much "lighter" and will follow that up with something like..."lighter as in light, not only lighter as in weight."   I came to realize this past year that being overweight has kept me from letting the light, the energy inside me show, or perhaps a better way of saying it would be, letting that light fully experience life, let it shine.   We all know what happens when we put a drape over a lamp, it defuses the light, dims it.   I think for me, having extra fat is like that drape over a light.  It dims the light that should be brighter.  I have even imagined that this center of energy, this life force, this light is kept within my heart, causing it to beat, to supply the needs of my body, and around that heart, is a drape of excess weight, dimming the energy, harming it.   This would make it so our excess weight hides us and does not allow the real us, the authentic self to shine its brightest.  We are to be a light, to shine brightly.  To maintain optimal conditions for the energy to drive us where we are meant to go.   Our purpose in life has a clearer road, a more defined direction when we have not dimmed the lights.

Comments

Patty Sumner said…
What a powerful word. Very convicting to me. I have been struggling with about 30 lbs I have gained over the past year or so. I agree the weight seems to weigh us down..no engery. I too, want to let my light shine and being overweight is not a good example of taking care of our temple. Thanks for the word. I need to take it to heart and put it to practice. Blessings!
Al said…
What a wonderful way of talking about excess weight. You word it so gently and I have about 25 lbs. to get rid of and I think you have made me see the light and with that the urge to let my energy and light shine brighter. Thank you, I needed that kind and gentle push. God be with you.

Popular Posts