Sirens and Tornados



Yesterday the weather was looking pretty bad and then we got a telephone warning to head for shelter, just before the tornado siren began to scream. I drove down the road, picked up Melanie and the children and we headed for the storm shelter. We were notified that the tornado would reach us at 3:40 and it was just about 3:20. Cell phones were not working which meant I had no way of letting Emery know he should be taking cover. He works just a couple miles from home and his computer at the office is less than efficient. Its actually slower than molasses on a cold winters day. It was difficult just sitting there with no way of knowing what was going on outside. We could hear the wind, the thunder and some hail and the sirens kept going off. By 4:20 we had the all clear. What a stressful day it was. Steven saw a tornado on his way home from the shop. It touched down in the town right next to his office and also hit right near the two state parks we hike so often at.

Friends have had hail the size of soft balls pound their car and damage their roofs. We thank God for His protection during this very active storm season and we know that we have a couple weeks to go before we reach the peak of the tornado season here.
I keep thinking about the first few verses in the 7th chapter of Revelation. It feels a bit like the 4 angels are letting loose of their grip. Matthew the 24th chapter seems more real to me all the time. Yesterday, I realized I have far to go to have peace in my heart in the midst of a storm.

Faith and trust need to be stronger, the foundation greater. The desires of my heart need to be more single minded. Focused on living a simple and pure life even when the entire world may be saying that is not the way to live.

Life lessons are there for us at every turn, if only we will take the time to see them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yesterday, we had a very bad storm here in the mountains. It shook our little cottage and kept us glancing about us a bit worried.

But like you verses popped into my head, and I became quite still.

This time of year, when the masses of air go to and fro, it is when I draw closer to His Word.

If anything happens, I have no control over it. All I can do is pray and allow Him to work His Will.

I am glad that by you posting, you are doing well, and that the storm passed by without too much trouble.

I pray that as the days grow warmer, you are able to be safe within your home.

Maria

Popular Posts