Quiet Evening


Yesterday was a difficult day, Mei-Ling had to be taken to the emergency room of the Childrens hospital as she was throwing up, and with her, any small thing can be a serious thing. I drove Melanie and the children to the hospital and sat with Yen while Mei-Ling was seen. Poor little one had to endure some tests to make sure it was nothing with her kidney or something with her intestines. It all turned out fine, just a stomach bug of some sort. The whole time I was in the waiting room with Yen, I was so thankful that he is a good baby and that Melanie and Casi are raising such well behaved children. Yen sat in his stroller, smiling and playing peek a boo with me. He ate some cherrios, drank his cup of soy milk and played so contentedly. Even Mei-Ling endured being poked and prodded like a trooper. Yen and I took a trip to the gift store to find a little treat for Mei-Ling and it was so cute, Yen reached out to touch some stuffed animal and I told him, "no no no Yen" and he repeated back, "no no no Yen" and never touched another thing. Pretty good for a 15 month old. So thankful all turned out with good results, there were many prayers being said in Mei-Ling behalf and they were heard. But, it did feel like a long day. I was thankful there were left overs in the fridge for supper and that I did not have goats to milk. The puppy was fine, we had left him, safe on the porch with water and food and he did well. As I lit the lamp in the dinning room, all the stress and worry of the day melted away. Emery and I enjoyed our meal, talked as best friends do about the happenings of the day. Thankful for the blessings and content to just enjoy the quiet.

Comments

Always Learning said…
Aren't God's blessings the greatest???
Anonymous said…
Dear Patti,

Praising Our Lord with you. I know how hard it is to take a child to the hospital, and that feeling of trepidation of not knowing what it is. Trusting completely in Him and just being calm while the hurriedness of the hospital goes on around you.

And then coming home tired but happy that it was just a minor ailment and not requiring hospitalization.

Yes, I have been there and yes, it does help when your small child is calm through it all.

How wonderful that everything went well.

Mrs. M.
cheryl said…
So happy that everything turned out so well for you all . I was thinking of you all day . Prayers were answered .
So glad there was no more serious illness for Mei-Ling. How lucky that you are close by to help in these events.

Popular Posts