Saturday Morning Ramble

Yesterday required another trip to the Doctor, this infection has been going on so long I hardly remember what life is like without it, but thanks to a urine culture, we now know which drugs will work. And it appears its a kidney infection which explains why the medications have not been working, the ones I have been taking over the course of the last month were for a bladder infection. In honesty, the dragging on of this is pretty much my doing. I neglected to mention my back pains. For some reason, I just kept equating my back pain with work I was doing. Hauling feed, moving furniture etc. Proof that our mindsets are powerful things indeed. I was certain it was just an ordinary UTI and not looking to any other signs of symptoms. It makes me think about other aspects of my life where I am so concentrated on an area that I miss out on seeing other parts of the puzzle that might just make the picture a whole lot clearer.
We are quick to see the fault in others, yet so often fail to see our part of the deal because of our preset thinking on the subject and that often leaves us without a way to fix a situation that needs some help.
So often when I am reading the Bible, I come across a text and sit back for a minute and think, "oh boy does so and so need to read that !" Or I might think along the lines of "if only people would set this text as their goal and not what they are doing, the world would be a fine place to live." Its just easier to look beyond ourselves and see things as if they were meant for all the wrong doers we happen to know personally, but most times, we are missing the point or not seeing the symptom within ourselves. It takes humility to look first at ourselves. It takes meekness to read a Bible text and wonder first before ever thinking about someone else, if we are falling short.
I went into the Doctors office yesterday and said to him, "its my own fault I am here again with the same problem, I didn't mention all the symptoms I have" Now, its true I didn't really do this on purpose, but at the same time, I was convinced from the very start I knew what was wrong with me so related only the symptoms that applied to that problem, neglecting to relate that although my kidneys were not hurting at the office visit, they had been hurting at other times. So when we read a text about arrogance or pride or some other fault, we may not at that very moment be prideful, but as soon as we start thinking that so and so is that way and how our life would be better if we mailed off that text to them, well, I think we are missing a symptom because of our present mindset.
Life is continued education, only thing is, we need to be willing to learn the entire way.

Comments

Jan said…
Well at least they didn't recommend a psych eval! That's what I got when my symptoms didn't fix in the "box"
Patty said…
without telling the Doctor about the back pain, it just appeared to be a typical, but hard to treat, UTI, but with the back pain, it became a Kidney infection. Although very drug resistant, it does seem to be responding to the new medication
Sorry to hear its a kidney infection--I did the same thing once, just blocked out the fact that my low back was hurting badly along with the other symptoms. It seems to be one of the ailments that simply won't get better on its own or with some sensible home remedies. Hope you're done with it soon.

Popular Posts