An easy sort of day


There is an easiness to this day that feels welcoming. The gray clouds stretched across the sky like a plump down comforter, tied here and there making puffy spots. The air is cool and slightly damp, but not in an uncomfortable way. The music on the stereo fits the mood of the moment...its the kind of music that is fine for reading or crafting by, or just sitting by the window watching the world go by. New cinnamon candles are lightly scenting the room and it makes me want to bake pumpkin bars or gingerbread men. The crepe myrtle leaves are changing color, bold red leaves are trembling in the gentle breeze. It is fall and for right now our weather matches the season, but summer temps will no doubt pop in from time to time.
This day is comfortable and living on our little homestead feels so right. Emery and I started dating 31 years ago and what a happy 31 years we have had. I wanted to marry a farm boy and I got one. Emery was raised on a wheat farm in Kansas, but wanted to see the city life. I was raised in the city and so longed for a farm life. We were meant for each other in every way and feel that way about each other every single day. Blessed beyond what we could have ever imagined so many years ago when on one single day we started talking and have never stopped. Dated for two weeks before he asked me to marry him and we got married 10 weeks after our first date. We knew...and we were right.
This is a fun week for us as we go through my little day journal I kept so long ago in 1978, reading what we did, where we went on dates, what my thoughts were and feeling that same kind of butterflies in our stomachs as we look into each others eyes. Life is good and I feel incredibly blessed.

Comments

Renee said…
How neat for you both to read a bit of the past. Congrats on the 31 years!! Stopping by to say hello.
Janette said…
We met on November 6th and he asked on November 25th. We had to wait until break to marry- since my family wanted me to come home for the wedding.
Our daughter met and married her hubby much the same way. We tell our son," Don't worry, she is out there...."

Popular Posts