Morning Chores




As the morning sun spilled golden rays onto the green grass and awoke the sky with vibrant hues, I headed outside to do my chores. More of them now with the goats, more the way I like it. Chicks and chickens fed, puppy following me at my heels, (she is showing all the signs of a good heeler) cats stretching in the hay, and today, goats at the gate waiting to be fed. It was cold this morning, especially compared to yesterdays summer like temps. Last night the wind blew with a fierceness, letting you know a front came through and with it much cooler temperatures. Cool enough that I have the wood stove going. Life just feels right again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like perfect weather for a nice cup of tea and a book!
Dawn said…
I am going to have to come by your little farm in August or September if you would allow me too :)

Oh...thank you for telling me about Arlington. My hubby has a friend who is a cop there and he even said it's getting really bad.
So, we have decided to look for a home in Grand Prairie which is, according to MapQuest, 13 minutes from Arlington.
Actually I have found homes to be much nicer and cheaper in GP than Arlington...imagine that!

God Bless!
Carrie J said…
Your puppy looks so much like my dog Pepper did when she was little.
Your weather sounds great. We had snow here last week for the first time in a long while. Temps are supposed to rebound this week. I hope so because I could use some time outside.

Popular Posts