Going back to a life loved






My husband is the sweetest guy around, no brag, just fact ! He knows what I really love in life. Simple farm life. We decided when all the children were gone, that maybe, just maybe we would like a break from milking every 12 hours, every single day of the year. We had plans of travelling here and there but when it came right down to it, neither one of us likes being far from home. We had our times of travel in life and now we just like puttering around home. I began to miss all the chores, the clanging of milk buckets, the goats calling to be fed. Yesterday Emery handed me the money to get new fencing, feed and all that I needed for two goats. Yup, we are back where we started. A nice puppy that promises to be a fine working dog, fencing to put up, gates to hang, barns to hay and hopefully this weekend, bring the two does shown above to their new home.
There are times when stepping backwards is really moving forward and this is one of those times. I couldn't have been happier when Emery said he was buying me two goats.
Hoping the morning cloudiness doesn't bring any rain...not just yet. I have fence posts to pound into the ground and a lot of fence to put up. Maybe I can enlist the help of Casi and Melanie later this morning to finish the job.

Comments

grbev said…
Isn't it funny that, even though it means a lot more work and time, some things just meet a special yearning... like goats and puppies and gardens, etc. I'm sure the happiness you feel is recognizing that yearning and doing something about it!

Bev
~Bren~ said…
Oh Patti, How wonderful. God knows the desires of our hearts and wants us to have them. What a blessing for your hubby to know your desires also. Looking forward to more pics of the new additions!
The Farmgirl said…
Patti, I have been enjoying your blog for a while now and have been inspired. What a wonderful treat for you..a puppy and two goats! Can't wait to hear about all your new critter adventures! Thank you for sharing your insights on life.
Shan said…
Patti,

Isn't it funny how just the simple things bring so much joy! I am always amazed at how overflowing with abounding happiness I am when I spend time taking care of an another rather than myself. Animals are good for anyone at any age or stage in their life!

We have chickens (who just love my husband, by the way)we call them his girlfriends! We have a dog and 3 cats. We would like to get a few more farm animals - we are thinking about Alpacas, any advice?

Give Miss Freckles a big hug!
Shan
LBP said…
Hurray for you!! I would love to be on a farm again, but alas, I don't think that will be in our future. I miss the chickens, cows and horses that I grew up with on my Grandfathers farm.

Cute, cute puppy!

Blessings
Linda
Anna said…
I am so happy for you, Patty. Just curious, do you ever use goat milk to make your homecrafted soaps? Goat milk soap is just divine for the skin. I miss my source (they moved away), so I would like to try making some goat milk soap from scratch one day, although some folks tell me that soapmaking is quite tricky and difficult.
Patty said…
Yes, Annabelle I make goat milk soap. Actually that is the first soap I made and its wonderful for the skin. I will be making it again I am sure and hope to have it in my on-line store.
nancyr said…
Patty,
I envy you, getting back to having farm animals. Just last week, I was looking at our red barn and feeling sad that we have no animals. I so wish we could have horses again, and maybe goats again. Never had chickens, but it would be fun.
Happy for you! Grancy
Dawn said…
Goat chow? Now that's new to me...lol. :)

Popular Posts