Mini Road Trip

Tomorrow I will be driving down to Austin to see Melissa. She is there for some job interviews and has tomorrow after 2 free so we are hitting the town Wednesday night then I will take her to the airport on Thursday morning, then I will head on home. Planning on doing some shopping for Christmas at the Waldorf School store while I am down there and may stop at Homestead Heritage on the way back. Looking forward to the trip. Wish Melanie was able to go with me, but this is a busy trip that will include apartment looking etc. and the children would not enjoy it. Melissa has had two interviews, one yesterday and one today and already has been offered two jobs. The interview today ended with them asking her to work there and yesterdays interview resulted in a call 2 hours after the interview, asking her to work there. She has a few more interviews then the difficult part comes in choosing which job she takes. We are so happy that she and James will be moving back to Texas. We miss them so much and its hard to spend holidays apart and go many months in between visits. How blessed we are to be close and enjoy spending time together. It will seem a bit strange tomorrow heading off on my own. I am so used to doing everything with Emery, but I love to drive and love a good adventure. Praying the traffic is light and that there are no crazy folks on the road when I am. Have my suitcase packed. CD's picked out for my listening pleasure and have picked out the Starbucks along the trail ! Life is good.

My grandfather holding my uncle and my mother to his side, ready for a road trip.

Comments

How exciting that Melissa and her husband may be close to you all again. I am still hoping that someday Emily and her family will move closer to northeast Ohio. But we do see them very often.
Have a safe and happy journey tomorrow!
Dawn said…
That's great Melissa and her DH will be moving closer to home. =) So, that means all your babies will be in the same state. Yippee!
Will def. make family gatherings / holidays easier for sure.
Granny said…
I'm so glad to hear that Melissa and James are moving back to Texas. It will be so nice for you to have your kids all close to home.

Popular Posts