The Beauty of Being Home



I was reminded of this quote this morning and how I love it..."I believe we would be happier to have a personal revolution in our individual lives and go back to simpler living and more direct thinking. It is the simple things of life that make living worthwhile, the sweet fundamental things such as love and duty, work and rest, and living close to nature. There are not hot house blossoms that can compare in beauty and fragrance with my bouquet of wildflowers".~Laura Ingalls Wilder~

The girls and I had a wonderful time together in Austin. Melissa had 5 interviews in a matter of a couple days and had job offers on the spot from all but one, and that one said they could not hire until July but that not for her to worry about not getting the job. She took a job, and it seems perfect for her. We had such a nice time, chatting, being silly, swimming, shopping, and of course eating. With all the fun we had, we were all happy to be back in our homes, and able to once again sleep in our own beds. I love being home. Its the place where I can meander around, be surrounded by the things I enjoy in life and the place where contentment is ever present. Its the place where the simple life wraps me up like a warm woolen shawl on a bleak December morning, and hugs my soul. It will be wonderful to have all my children back in Texas again. Melissa and James should be all settled here by the end of July. Life is good.

Comments

cheryl said…
You must be so happy Patty . It will be nice for you to have all your children so close .
aimee said…
"Its the place where the simple life wraps me up like a warm woolen shawl on a bleak December morning, and hugs my soul."
I LOVE this quote of yours!

Congrats to your daughter on her new job and on their upcoming move back to TX!
Blessings,
Aimee
I'm so happy for you Patty! And congratulations to Melissa! What a nice time you must have had together!
Anonymous said…
I suspect I am almost as excited about your daughter moving back to Texas as you are! I know I hate that some of my children live in Texas and we live in Oklahoma. Congrats to Melissa and James!
Kathy said…
I am so happy for you that Melissa & James are moving closer! I know just how you feel! I just got the exciting news a couple of days ago that my oldest son and his family are moving back to this area soon! I just can't blog about it until the details are worked out. I am so excited to have my grandchildren close once again!!

Popular Posts