Happy Birthday Melissa




There are a few days in my life that have been so amazingly wonderful and life changing, the day I married, the days my daughters were born and the day we adopted the boys. Today we celebrate the birthday of our oldest. Melissa was born 31 years ago today, just as the sun was setting over Spot pond, which I could see out the window of the birthing room. The beauty of the moment was enhanced by the gorgeous sunset. What a blessing this child has been to us and continues to bless us each and every day with her love and kindness. In this hurried world where so many relationships are fractured, I feel so blessed to be close to my children, and to call them my friends, along with being mother to them. We am so proud of them, so happy to see the joy that fills their lives. So today, I celebrate all the joy that is wrapped up in the beautiful daughter we call Melissa. Happy Birthday Melissa !

Comments

SouthernHeart said…
What a lovely tribute to a beautiful daughter. There is something so special about that mother-daughter bond... Happy Birthday, Melissa!

Blessings,
Dianne
http://www.mysouthernheart.com
Melissa said…
Thank you, Mom!
Sharon Lovejoy said…
Thank you for this simple, but heartfelt posting of love. I got tears in my eyes.

Happy birthday beautiful Melissa,

All joys,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Popular Posts