Living in the Present...with simplicity



It is a magnificent day to be alive, to breathe in fresh air, to smile at another human being, to know you are in control of your thoughts, your hopes, your dreams. To laugh, to have shelter, and best of all, to be loved and love. The day is an ordinary one, but still so full and complete. A trip to the health food store for nuts and raw local honey. Stopping by Emery office to bring him some home made rye bread I made for him. On the way home, a visit at Melanies house to see the grandblessings. Both came running to me, "mimi, mimi" and then smothered with hugs and kisses. What could be better than this ? Love at every turn. The sight of gray clouds off to the west bring a bit of hope for some much needed rain and perhaps cooler temps. We have been over 100 for several days. In summer in Texas, we hibernate. Its my time for pulling out the knitting and wool for crafts. Sitting by the air conditioner. Soft music playing. Patrick Ball playing the Celtic Harp. It is this very moment in time that I chose to be in and enjoy the simplicity of my life.

today I felted a little blue bird for the children to play with when they visit, along with the other toys we have made for them. While in Austin, I visited the Waldorf School's Juniper Tree Store,

http://www.austinwaldorf.org/index.php/store/ (hyperlink is not working for me right now) and found this sweet little wooden owl in the last photo. Perfect addition to the gnome tree house !

Comments

Aunt Jenny said…
I just love visiting your blog. Such inspiration here!
We have had so much rain that it doesn't feel like summer yet..feels like April..a very long wet mosquitoey april. I have had fun in the garden and everything is green and pretty though.
Have a wonderful week!
Jenn said…
That felted bluebird is beautiful! Amazing work!

Popular Posts