The Glory of the Morning


As I was walking around our land today, I was wishing everyone could smell the mixture of scents from the Honey locust in bloom and the wisteria. Sweet, not over powering, a bit like what I imagine Heaven must smell like. As soon as I stepped out the back door, I looked up and saw that the locust tree was in bloom, white bunches of blooms hanging down from the branches, much in the same was as the wisteria hangs. I stood, silent, thanking God for such beauty for not only my eyes to see, but for all my senses. Birds singing, sweet smells, eye candy in every direction and even fresh asparagus to munch as I walked around. Seeds sprouting in the garden, promise of food in the coming months. Swallows dipping down into the compost pile for bits of straw and hay for their nests. Bee's doing what they should in the fruit trees and flowers. Rose bushes heavy with buds which excites me far more than any sale in a store
Emery has the wood stacked in the woodshed for next winter. We had some left over from this past winter and some we ordered green at the end of the year to season.
In the house, the washer is churning and on the dinning room table, cloth laid out, pretty calico for a spring and summer skirt. In the corner, a couple yards of practical lightweight denim for another skirt, good for garden work and chores.
The sun feels warm, reminding me that in the near future I will have to remember to wear my straw hat when outside for long periods of time.
My bare feet, covered in dirt...I don't mind, I can hose them off before heading inside. The first bit of water out of the hose is warm.
Blue sky, soft breeze, quiet day. A prayer in my heart. Love in my life. Joy abounds. No drama. Just peace. Living the life I always dreamed of. Life is good.

Comments

Patty,

Your blooms, rooster and asparagus are beautiful! As are your words of gratitude, as always!

Have a wonderful day,
Teri

Popular Posts