Catching Up

It seems time is just flying by these days. Gardening to do, preparing for new chicks. Sewing, cleaning and cooking or should I say, not cooking food but preparing raw foods for me.
Spring time is so full of activity and new life all around. Its a joyous time, a time to see the handiwork of God in just about every direction I look.
My post, It Happens Every Spring, was a short lived phase. Too busy to be concerned about fashion, and honestly, its just not where my mind is any more. I am more concerned about the kind of person I wish to be, than about my clothes being fashionable. Today finds me working in a cotton skirt, a thermal shirt, as its chilly today. Black knee socks and brown lace up Earth Shoes. Nothing fashionable about it. But it reflects my life style. Hauling in a load of wood for the stove, sitting by the fire spinning some new wool. Praying to hear His small still voice speak to me, leading me.
Looking in wonder at the buds on the trees outside the window. Enjoying the silence around me. Smiling, thinking about what I saw today on the way back from the dentists office. I had an old filling that needed replacing. On the way home, I spotted a sheriffs car driving very slow along the shoulder, with two good size calves marching along the roadside. The sheriff was rounding them up with the owner up ahead with a bucket of feed. I love living in the country. So much better to see calves being chased by the sheriff than to see criminals out on the loose.

Life is good.

Comments

Patty,

You've got me wishing I had a collection of soft cotton skirts to do my housework and gardening in. That's how I visualize "bliss" - hanging clothes in a soft cotton skirt, t-shirt and bare legs with the wind brushing the hair off my face. Your words inspire me.

Take good care,
Teri
Kathy said…
Got a chuckle visualizing the sheriff rounding up the cows! so true, much better than chasing criminals!!

Popular Posts