Amish Health

This is a very interesting article and honestly it surprised me some regarding the results of all the research that has been done. Amish life, the old fashioned life, appears to be very good for our health.
Through the years there has been extensive research done on Amish health and just by doing a quick search regarding the work of Alan R. Shuldiner, M.D and the Amish will yield up lots of information.
I guess this is comforting to me in a way since our lifestyle has so many similarities and after all, it is the kind of cooking I am used to.

photo of me taken in 2006

Comments

Stephanie said…
That was an interesting article. They get a lot of exercise I see and no doubt their diet is much healthier.
Andylynne said…
Very interesting article. I have always thought that natural foods even those higher in calories do less damage. Hard work it seems is also good for us. Fresh air and serenity also help. I know of several Amish familys. They have little stress, their kids are well behaved and repsectful. People have suggested they could make so much more money if they would automate,use machines, be more modern. I have to ask these folks, what do they need? They have, homes, food,clothes family and friends. Enough for them is as good as feast. Apperently we can learn even more from them.

Popular Posts