Spring Is In The Air


With all the rain we have had in the past week, things are springing to life in the garden.   Along with the seeds we planted, there are twice as many weeds growing, but, that is what keeps us fit, doing all that weeding and cultivating each and every morning.  I love seeing the "new" green color on the trees.  Its so bright and yet not in the least bit garish.  Gods color choices are so perfectly pleasing to the eye.   Yesterday, when I was hanging up clothes, I was barefoot.  The grass so tender and soft.  It was still early in the morning so the dew was heavy in the grass, a bit chilly, but not uncomfortably so, more like refreshing.  I read once in a natural health book that walking barefoot on dew laden grass was good for you and it seemed so as I went about my business with the soft green grass under my feet.  Invigorating !   This is a wonderful time of the year.  A time of planning, a time of being outside after the cold of winter has kept us in more than usual.  Planting the gardens is a time of hope.  Its a time when you can so clearly see the wonder of  creation everywhere you turn.  Nothing seems haphazard to me or just the result of evolution.  It is so orderly, so planned, so intricate, so complicated, so perfect, so much the work of a true Master.    
This week we ordered more rose bushes.  6 total.  2 Big full cabbage type roses called "Eden" and 4 old English rambling roses from David Austin to climb along the fence line.  I have already planted 2 fairy rose bushes and three pink climbers along another fence line.  The rose garden will be a place of pure delight when all are in bloom.   If I had my way, there would be a hundred rose bushes planted in that garden so that there would be enough roses for every room all summer long.   Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts