Here Comes the Sun....

Sunrise this morning was gorgeous.  A ball of gold, rising in the quiet moments of the day.   I never can fathom how folks believe that creation was some sort of random act, since none of our random inventions come close to such intricacies and beauty.  How fun tuned nature is, is simply beyond my comprehension.   I am so thankful that each and every day of my life, I have had time to enjoy the beauty around me.  I feel blessed.  There have been days when my life felt rushed for a bit, but always there has been a moment when I could gaze up at the sky and feel close to its Maker.   Simple living is about that very thing.  Choosing to make time to notice things around us. To step away from drama and chaos.  To move deliberately through the day, making the decision to want less, need less but enjoy more deeply the things we can hold close to our hearts.  Real treasures !  I am content to live on less and feel connected to all that is dear to me.  I am thankful we made the choice to live on one income, even though it was hard at times financially.  I never missed one of my babies first step, first word or the first time they danced.  We were not rich, we were down right poor by the American standards, but no one seemed to notice and we never felt like we went without anything that we needed.  So this morning, as the sun rose in the eastern sky, my heart filled with gratitude for all the joy this life has given me and continues to give me.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you Patty for your words and your insight on what a true and simple life is.

I am on a journey to truly find what it means...I am being guided by Our Lord to look beyond everyone's ideas and to truly see the beauty in the everyday.

Thank you for sharing your sunrise... here in the mountains, the sun was covered by a great deal of clouds.

Peace be with you today,

Maria

Popular Posts