Here is the new Perfect Pie Crust recipe I was given


This Thanksgiving I was not pleased with my pie crusts. I suppose I "messed" with them too much as Melissa says. So when I was talking with a Mennonite friend of mine, she gave me her recipe, telling me it comes out perfect every single time. Tomorrow I will be giving it a good test as I am making small fold over pies to stick in the freezer for the holiday season.

Here is the recipe, my friend calls it simply "a good pie crust recipe, that never fails" ....

4 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups vegetable shortening or butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon apple vinegar
1/2 cup water

mix the flour, sugar, salt and shortening with hand mixer in a large bowl, mix until it is like coarse crumbs, the size of peas. In separate bowl, whisk egg with vinegar and water.
Slowly pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Divide dough into 4 pieces, wrap in plastic and chill for several hours. Roll the dough out into the desired shapes for your pie crusts.



Comments

Annie said…
Thank You for sharing! I am always looking for a better pie crust recipe!
Tina Leigh said…
Just wanted to say hello! Been busy with the new baby, work & the pecan harvest. Looks like all is well with you. Take care Patty.
Cathy said…
I'm always looking for a good pie crust recipe. I will write this down and try it this season. Thanks!
leosatter said…
this sounds sooooooo good!!!!

Just out of curiosity….Do you know where I can purchase good quality foods online? I am now trying to order from online stores only because of various reasons…….can you help me with any suggestions??????

There is only one place, out of all that I have tried that really stood out for true quailty, and that is Celebrityfoods.

If you can help me grow my list of quality services or stores, where I can buy my food, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Popular Posts