We have had a small taste of fall weather and it was delightful. However it was short lived and we are back to 90 degree days and humidity. This morning I had to work in the garden to weed the newly planted beds. We have put in collards, cabbage, red and green. Broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, and some coriander and basil. These should grow through the winter and keep us with fresh greens throughout many of the cold months. Last year we had collard greens up until we needed to plant in the spring.
The picture today was taken this morning in the same spot as the last picture on the blog when I was dreaming of snowy winter. Now the colors are fall like. The ground covered in dull brown fallen leaves. I do miss the New England fall colors that I grew up with. But now I must settle for shades of browns and some golden yellows.

Comments

Sunny said…
At least you have a long growing season. Love those vegetables!

Popular Posts