All my life, yes even as a child, nature has inspired me. To me its a perfect manifestation of what God tries to teach us. Lessons all around us for the accepting.
I can on most mornings see clearly in nature some magnificent explanation of what God has been trying to show us since the beginning of time.
This morning on my little walk I saw so many small bursts of color amid a rather nondescript background. Made me think about our lives. We all live in walk in a place were we have the ability to be like these small blazes of color. I have to be honest and say that these bits of brightness gave me a good feeling. You know you say, "how pretty" or "wow, isn't that gorgeous" and it actually makes you feel good to see something extraordinary in nature. If we apply that to us, we can think about our lives reaching out and being kinder, more compassionate, a shoulder to lean on for someone else. Being that blaze of compassion in a rather apathetic world. Being kind to someone who needs that moment of acceptance. We can in very small gestures make a huge difference. But first we have to be willing to see the need. I suspect that God in His infinite mercy, see's the need for a bit of bright color in a dull surrounding, just for our pleasure.
Even if we thought of our daily walk on this earth in that way, looking for places to add a bit of a difference for someone to make that one small spot in someone's life brighter, prettier, or more peaceful, we would accomplish much.
Its a goal for me to see with open eyes and an open heart, places where I can make some difference.

Comments

Popular Posts