Wintry Weather






A very blustery day here in North Texas.  Cold winds blowing, temperatures hanging just below freezing.  The threat of an ice storm.   Work to be done.  
A white winged dove, fluffs its feathers to stay warm by the feeders.  Emery, busy cutting wood to be stacked in the woodshed for next year.  The sky looks cold and makes me shiver when I look at it.  Reminds me of my childhood, when my most accurate weather forecasting came when I saw that the sky was the same color of Mr Gould's roof across the street from us, when the sky and the roof matched, it was a sure sign that it was going to snow.  Today, the sky is the color of Mr Gould's roof !  Amish White bread raising next to the wood stove.  Wood outside the window filling my head with plans.  That nice round piece sure would make a nice bowl !  

Comments

Patty Sumner said…
As busy as your day looks....it sounds absolutely warm and peaceful...Have a great one. Blessings!

Popular Posts