My Favorite Time Of The Day

The darkness has been replaced by morning light, the chores are done, the fire is blazing in the stove, fresh brewed coffee beside me, Bible in my hand, a prayer on my lips for the new day. Its my quiet time.  Emery has gone to work, the house is silent, except for the occasional popping of the stove.  Birds at the feeder right outside the window.  Lamplight still glowing...I let it burn beyond its time of need, simply because it seems so warm and inviting burning in the window.   I have time to think, to dream, to pray.  I have time to count my blessings, one by one.  I move my chair just a bit closer to the stove, my feet are cold and the warm bricks of the hearth, feel good.  I am thankful for the wood stove, it connects me to the past in a way and gives me a sense of independence from having to use the conventional kind of heat.  I am not conventional, I am old fashioned, often saying I was born in the wrong time period, except I love my cell phone and my computer.  I would be happy though, if I never had them, just once you have them, then it becomes difficult to part with them !   This time of the morning, before I get busy doing the inside chores, is a time of contemplation, of reverence for the day.  A holy time, when its just me and God.  It is my favorite time of the day.

Comments

Popular Posts