Decorating Update



With all the worry about storms this past week, not as much got done in the living room as I would have liked. We spent many hours just watching the weather on television. This tornado season has been horrific and every mention of the possibility of tornado's has one imagining the worst. We have been blessed in our area that nothing has been over an F1. The other night, golf ball size hail fell, again, we were blessed that it was not more. That same evening, 9 tornado's hit in North Texas. Seeing all the devastation in Joplin has left us all with fear for what the possibilities can be. We are so looking forward to the end of tornado season ! Back to the decorating.....one gallon of paint finished, another one to go. Thankful that only one wall needed two coats. Today I will be painting the crown moulding corner pieces and we hope to have the moulding completed this weekend and have the curtains put up. From that point on, it will be the fun stuff. When completed and we start on the front guest room, I will be having one very large yard sale ! Even much of my fabric stash is going. There is no point holding on to things I will no longer use. Its a new phase in our lives and I embrace it with open arms. Understanding that my life is not the same as it was 5 years ago, and being o.k. with that. Life is ever changing, exciting and full of new adventures. I love that.

Comments

Thus far the tornados have gone to the west of us. Even as I give thanks that we are spared, I feel sadness for those whose homes have been damaged.
We've had to stake up tomato plants, clean up small branches, and yes, we've missed some sleep while waiting out the storms.
Your paint looks similar to the "homey cream" which I used in our kitchen/dining area--warm but subtle.
Totally understanding the concept of just letting go of things we used to do... I have been doing major cleaning/ decluttering... many days I wonder how I can find more to throw away when I already pitched so much!!! The yard sale sounds like fun! I'd love to rummage through the fabric! I tried to do a yard sale a couple years ago and only had one browser... my location is not good gor a yard sale, I suppose... now I am donating all sell-able items to the Haiti Garage Sale my church is doing to raise money to build an orphanage.
Ah, painting~~ I need to paint the living room... first the mini fridge my daughter left needs to be loaded in the Jeep and delivered to her... then my stash of canning jars can move out of the living room into the pantry... Yup! I'm not done cleaning and sorting!!! But, I'm having fun!!!
Love your blog!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts