Simple Life

The sky turned the color of Mr Gould's roof, a sure sign that snow would fall and it did. Steven called to let me know it was snowing, and then Emery called and soon enough Melanie called to let me know that snow was swirling in great circles on the road. The snow didn't stick, but it did fall in huge flakes at times and then at other times, the snow flurries were abundant. I sat by the wood stove, rocking while I knitted a new winter hat for myself. The snow inspired me.
The house was quiet, just the popping of the stove broke the silence. The day seems perfect. There are some worries of the day, Melissa had her four wisdom teeth removed today. She is fine but even though James is taking perfect care of her, my mothers heart wishes I was there to check on her. We have a car in the shop and there are still things needing to be done in the living room to have it the way we want it, there are always things that need attention or things to cause a bit of concern, but still the peace of the day is so full.
I can see the hens out the window, pecking the cold ground scrounging for a bite to eat. There are a few birds at the feeders and a large number of morning doves low in the trees.
I feel no stress, no need to look outside the walls of my home for a measure of who I am. The simple life feels a bit like heaven on earth.

He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul's estate.
~Henry David Thoreau ~

Comments

Patty, what joy. And the best is that you actually have the eyes to see and know how blessed you are. I wonder what camera you use for all your wonderful pictures....Also, everytime i look at your wonderful juniper berries I want to make sauerkraut the way my German sister in law taught me.

Popular Posts