Our Daily Thoughts

If we replaced all the thoughts we have each day about the things that we have no control over, the things we worry about but cannot change, or the things we think might go wrong and thought instead about all the blessings in life, such as laughter, smiles, breath, a beating heart, a bed to sleep in, a computer to connect us to others, food in our stomachs, and that we have a home over our heads, we would feel more joy in our lives.
If we replaced all the thoughts we have about wanting this or that with thoughts about how much we already have so much more than we need, we would be more content.
If we thought kind thoughts about those few people in life that act like a thorn in the flesh instead of burning up inside at each thing we take as an offense, if we prayed for them in genuine love each time they said or did something to tick us off, we would find our hearts softened towards them.
Most of us think about our actions to some degree, knowing that if we do this, this or that will be the result, but how about thinking about our thoughts, what is in our hearts, unspoken ? Our daily thoughts make us who we really are.

Comments

LBP said…
Patty, I am reading Simple Abundance this year, and this mornings story was about this.

I decided long ago that less is more. I have what I need and many things that I want. I am comfortable with what I have. I wish I could say the same of my dear husband, who always thinks he "needs" the latest and greatest just because someone else has it. We have had many discussions about this.

Today I just want the hurt of the passing of our friends son to ease. He was 13. Today I feel like all I need is my family.

Blessings

Linda
Sky said…
such a nice and important message. thank you.
JacquiG said…
I posted something about our thoughts yesterday. I so agree with what you have said. Trying to think more positively has had a huge impact on my life. I'm afraid that I still find too many things to be negative about though. However, "I may not be where I want to be but I'm not where I used to be." Quote from Joyce Meyers.
Synchronicity said…
yes so true...before we can change our actions we have to change our thoughts.
Unknown said…
Hi, Merelyme mentioned your blog so I got curious and came over. I like what you said about "our daily thoughts". I agree.

I love your Corrie ten Boom's quote. She is one of my Fall of Faiths that I mention in my blog.

I plan to come back. Jim
2 LMZ FARMS said…
Want you to know, every time I visit, I go away a better person. You always post something that makes me sit back and really look at my thoughts and actions. Thanks for the impact you are having on my life and keep up with the wonderful post. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura
Niki said…
Thank you for this.
Carrie said…
This is an idea that I must frequently be reminded of. Otherwise, it is easy to develop and hold onto negative thoughts. Nice essay. Thank you.
Carrie
Renie Burghardt said…
Dear Patty,

So true! Thank you for the reminder.

Blessings,

Renie

Popular Posts