Simple Gifts







 I was just outside doing chores, feeding chickens, etc.  While outside, all I could think about is how I am living my perfect life. So much time outside, playing in the dirt or caring for the animals. Watching the seasons come and go. Enjoying the cool of the morning, this morning is actually COLD. Bringing in wood for the stove, wearing mud boots, watching the squirrels prepare for winter. Seeing the many kinds of birds at the feeders. Wool socks, baggy hoodie, haven't brushed my hair yet for the day. At peace. Content. Grounded. And, full of gratitude for feeling like I honestly have it all.  My dream life has been fulfilled.  God has graciously given me all I ever wanted.  Maybe it was an easy desire for Him to grant, since I have never wanted wealth, fame, a big fancy house, all that sort of thing.  I wanted simple gifts and lots of love. A family that brings such joy, to not feel lonely.  I am content with the beauty of nature far more than heading off to any mall shopping.  I love being home.  Being surrounded by the things I dreamed of from the time I was 14.  Life is good and I love all the simple gifts that fill each day.

Comments

Patty Sumner said…
I love the attitude of your heart Patty. So thankful and grateful for what you have.. I pray for the same attitude... Thanks for sharing...Blessings!
Marcie said…
It is nice to pop over here for the first time in a long time, and read along as you count your blessings. I too feel blessed to be living a simple life, though there are still a few rough spots I hope will one day be smoothed out. You are an inspiration!

Popular Posts