The First Cool Morning of The Season





There is something very special about the first cool morning after the long hot summer.  We woke to 60 F this morning.  Windows open, fan in the window by the bed.  It got cold in the middle of the night so I grabbed my new pink hoodie and slept the rest of the night with it on.   Sunshine after rain, sparkling leaves with drops of rain stuck to them.  Birds singing, adding beautiful notes to the clickety clack of my spinning wheel that was sitting atop an uneven board.  The hum of the wheel, giving it all a sweet melody.  Coffee next to me, pumpkin spice, to be exact.  A perfect, simple morning with nothing pressing me to do anything other than just sit and enjoy this morning that reminds me, Autumn is knocking on the door.  My mind wanders a bit to things like, time to blacken the wood stove and this year we need to replace some fire brick and put a new gasket around the door of the stove.  I feel good knowing we have a wood shed stacked high with wood and that the garden is ready for fall planting.  I have a good stash of yarn for making socks and hats for the little ones.  I love the coming of cold weather and there is nothing but contentment and love in my heart on this gorgeous morning.

Comments

Always Learning said…
Where do you live in Texas? I have two children in Houston and hoping they go to feel a tast of fall also!
Always Learning said…
Where do you live in Texas? I have two children in Texas and am hoping they had a taste of fall also!
JacquiG said…
I'm slowly coming to terms with the coming cold weather. It's cold this evening and I just turned on the furnace to make sure it works before we really need it.

I love your spinning wheel. The Lendrum I'm looking at doesn't look as nice but the end result will be the same won't it. So looking forward to my first spinning lesson on Monday.

Popular Posts